NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID: Airport Apron Rehabilitation and Expansion & Perimeter Fence Relocation
The Town of Buena Vista is seeking qualified contractors to submit bids for apron rehabilitation and expansion, and perimeter fence relocation at the Central Colorado Regional Airport. A non-mandatory pre-bid conference call will be held on Tuesday, March 14th, 2023.
The bid due date is Thursday, April 6th by 10:00 AM MST.
Central Colorado Regional Airport (CCRA) is located only one mile from the center of the Town of Buena Vista. If you are looking for fast access to world-class mountaineering, whitewater adventure, cycling, skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, or fishing… look no further. CCRA is classified as a General Aviation Airport and does not have scheduled service.
CCRA has easy access, with an AWOS and GPS approach to our 8,300′ runway. Amenities include a hard pad for heavy aircraft, self-serve/full-serve Avgas and Jet A fuel, a lounge with Wi-Fi, an executive pilot lounge/snooze room, pilot shower facilities, a conference center, a flight planning room, and much more.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Central Colorado Regional Airport hereby announces its proposed Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation goal of 0.5% for FAA-funded contracts/agreements. The proposed goal pertains to federal fiscal years 2021-23 (10/1/2020 – 9/30/2023).
A teleconference (via Microsoft Teams) will be held on July 16, 2020 at 10:00 am for the purpose of consulting with stakeholders to obtain information relevant to the goal-setting process. Those wishing to participate can phone into the meeting by dialing (480) 378-0989 and when prompted use Conference ID: 807 215 018#.
The FY 2021-23 Overall DBE Goal Methodology document for the Central Colorado Regional Airport is linked HERE.
Airfield Information & Flight Pattern
Runway 15/33 Elevation 7946 ft
8,300' x 75' Asphalt
Medium Intensity Runway Lighting
(5 clicks on 122.8)
Runway 15, GPS Departure/traffic right-hand pattern
Runway 33, GPS Approach/traffic left-hand pattern
AWOS Automated Weather Observation Station
Freq. 132.925 | Phone (719) 395-2599
- KAEJ | Airport Master Plan
- KAEJ | Business Plan
- KAEJ | Minimum Standards
- KAEJ | Rules and Regulations
- KAEJ | Airpark & Local Aviation Businesses Directory
- KAEJ | Airport Organizational Chart (rev. May 2021)
- KAEJ | Airport Fees (rev. Jan 2023)
- KAEJ | 2021 Year End Report
- FAA: Policy on the Non-Aeronautical Use of Airport Hangars
- FAA: Guide to Low-Flying Aircraft | How to Report Low-Flying Aircraft via Flight Standards District Office
- CDoT: 2020 Colorado Aviation Economic Impact Study (CEIS) | Airport Report for AEJ
- CDoT: 2020 Colorado Aviation System Plan (CASP) and Airport Report Card for AEJ
- NWS: National Weather Service | Buena Vista, CO Forecast
- FAA: AWOS, AEJ Weather Station | Freq. 132.925, (719) 395-2599
- FAA: Mountain AWOS Cameras | Central Rockies
- CDoT: Current METAR Data for AEJ | Aviation Weather Center
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | Official Website
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | ClearGov Transparency Center
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | Job Opportunities
- CDoT: Division of Aeronautics (Maps, Airport Directories, Aeronautical Charts, etc)
- CDoT: Colorado Aviation System Map | Interactive
- CDoT: Colorado Aviation Economic Impact Study