Central Colorado Regional Airport (CCRA) is located only one mile from the center of the Town of Buena Vista. If you are looking for fast access to world-class mountaineering, whitewater adventure, cycling, skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, or fishing… look no further. CCRA is classified as a General Aviation Airport and does not have scheduled service.
CCRA has easy access, with an AWOS and GPS approach to our 8,300′ runway. Amenities include a hard pad for heavy aircraft, self-serve/full-serve Avgas and Jet A fuel, a lounge with Wi-Fi, an executive pilot lounge/snooze room, pilot shower facilities, a conference center, a flight planning room, and much more.
Central Colorado Regional Airport – Announcement of DBE Goals for Federal Fiscal Years 2021-23
Central Colorado Regional Airport hereby announces its proposed Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation goal of 0.5% for FAA-funded contracts/agreements. The proposed goal pertains to federal fiscal years 2021-23 (10/1/2020 – 9/30/2023).
A teleconference (via Microsoft Teams) will be held on July 16, 2020 at 10:00 am for the purpose of consulting with stakeholders to obtain information relevant to the goal-setting process. Those wishing to participate can phone into the meeting by dialing (480) 378-0989 and when prompted use Conference ID: 807 215 018#.
The FY 2021-23 Overall DBE Goal Methodology document for the Central Colorado Regional Airport is linked HERE.
Airfield Information & Flight Pattern
Runway 15/33 Elevation 7946 ft
8,300' x 75' Asphalt
Medium Intensity Runway Lighting
(5 clicks on 122.8)
Runway 15, GPS Departure/traffic right-hand pattern
Runway 33, GPS Approach/traffic left-hand pattern
AWOS Automated Weather Observation Station
Freq. 132.925 | Phone (719) 395-2599
- KAEJ | Airport Master Plan
- KAEJ | Business Plan
- KAEJ | Minimum Standards
- KAEJ | Rules and Regulations
- KAEJ | Airpark & Local Aviation Businesses Directory
- KAEJ | Airport Organizational Chart (rev. May 2021)
- KAEJ | Airport Fees (rev. Jan 2022)
- KAEJ | 2021 Year End Report
- FAA: Policy on the Non-Aeronautical Use of Airport Hangars
- FAA: Guide to Low-Flying Aircraft | How to Report Low-Flying Aircraft via Flight Standards District Office
- CDoT: 2020 Colorado Aviation Economic Impact Study (CEIS) | Airport Report for AEJ
- CDoT: 2020 Colorado Aviation System Plan (CASP) and Airport Report Card for AEJ
- NWS: National Weather Service | Buena Vista, CO Forecast
- FAA: AWOS, AEJ Weather Station | Freq. 132.925, (719) 395-2599
- FAA: Mountain AWOS Cameras | Central Rockies
- CDoT: Current METAR Data for AEJ | Aviation Weather Center
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | Official Website
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | ClearGov Transparency Center
- Town of Buena Vista, CO | Job Opportunities
- CDoT: Division of Aeronautics (Maps, Airport Directories, Aeronautical Charts, etc)
- CDoT: Colorado Aviation System Map | Interactive
- CDoT: Colorado Aviation Economic Impact Study